Dan Gainor: Groundhog Day disaster as media keep messing up Northam stories

When a prominent Democrat governor went on radio and supported killing newly born babies, it made hardly a blip in the press. Then the media mob formed when news surfaced that the same governor had a racist photo on his college yearbook page.

Technical Failure Forces Entire Gym To Step Up for Powerful Anthem Rendition

There’s no controversy over the national anthem in Alleman, Iowa — at least, if one viral video is any indication. According to WHO-TV, students at the high school are now going viral after a video showed two basketball teams and the crowd singing along to “The Star-Spangled Banner” when glitches turned off the loudspeaker at…

The post Technical Failure Forces Entire Gym To Step Up for Powerful Anthem Rendition appeared first on Conservative Tribune.

REPORT: GOP chairman: Trump should ‘respect’ opinions of intel leaders

As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by TheHill.com:

Senate Appropriations Committee Chairman Richard Shelby (R-Ala.) on Sunday said President Trump’s public dispute with U.S. intelligence agency leaders is “troubling to all of us.”

“We should respect them,” he told CNN’s “State of the Union” of the intelligence community. “Most of the time they are pretty much on point.”

The article goes on to state the following:

Last week, intelligence leaders released a threat assessment that differed in several stark ways with Trump’s assessment of threats including ISIS, North Korea, and Iran.

To get more information about this article, please visit TheHill.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.

The post REPORT: GOP chairman: Trump should ‘respect’ opinions of intel leaders appeared first on DML News.

REPORT: NAACP President offers harsh response to Northam photo

As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by ABCNews.GO.com:

Derrick Johnson, the president of the NAACP, said on Sunday that he doesn’t see how Virginia Gov. Ralph Northam can survive the fallout of a racist yearbook photo that emerged on Friday.

He told ABC News Chief Anchor George Stephanopoulos on “This Week” that the most effective way to “address this is to disclose early, acknowledge it and seek ways in which you can make amends.”

The article goes on to state the following:

The photo, which appeared on Northam’s medical school yearbook page in 1984, shows two people, one in blackface and the other in a Ku Klux Klan robe and hood.

To get more information about this article, please visit ABCNews.GO.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.

The post REPORT: NAACP President offers harsh response to Northam photo appeared first on DML News.

Sundance: Amazon Buys Grand Jury Prize Winner ‘One Child Nation’ (EXCLUSIVE)

Amazon Studios strikes again. The digital giant picked up global rights to “One Child Nation,” a documentary about China’s policy of forcibly restricting family size that debuted to great acclaim at this year’s Sundance Film Festival. The deal is said to be in the mid-six figures. The sale comes on the heels of the film’s […]

Bokhari: A Left-Wing Journalist Mafia Now Runs Silicon Valley

The Internet once seemed poised to utterly destroy the establishment media. In an era where everyone with a phone and a social media account could reach an audience of millions, the need for professional journalists gatekeeping information seemed pointless.

Two U.S. Citizens Shot in Mexican Narco-Laboratory — One Dead

A team of at least six gunmen shot and killed a U.S. citizen and injured another in what authorities described as a drug dispute in the popular beach resort of Acapulco. The U.S. citizens were part of a group of marijuana activists promoting an anarchy festival to be held later this month.

Queen Elizabeth, royal family to be evacuated if Brexit unrest breaks out in London, reports say

A Cold War-era emergency plan to relocate the royal family has been revived in case riots break out in London in the event of a no-deal Brexit next month, two British newspapers reported Sunday.

Chinese Accelerate Their Exodus From US Real Estate

After years of torrid money-laundering buying of US properties by wealthy Chinese, purchases of US commercial real estate by the Chinese tumbled last year to the lowest level since 2012, according to a new report by the Wall Street Journal. The fall came as a result of Beijing continuing to pressure Chinese investors to bring cash home, instead of allowing it to leave the country. Recall, we reported back in early December that Chinese firms had dumped $1 billion of US real estate in the quarter prior. 

Various investors, including insurers and conglomerates in mainland China, were net sellers of $854 million worth of US commercial property in the fourth quarter, according to Real Capital Analytics. This is the third quarter in a row that Chinese investors were net sellers of US property, the first such stretch of this length.

And, of course, the selling stands in significant contrast to the five years prior to 2018 when Chinese conglomerates led a seemingly endless buying spree in the United States. Tens of billions of dollars of Chinese money was spent on places like the Waldorf Astoria New York and a nearly billion dollar skyscraper development in Chicago.

But now the tide has turned and some of China’s largest investors are unloading or reducing their exposure to these types of assets. Now that credit conditions have tightened in China, developers have tried to raise money by offloading US assets. Trade tensions between the two countries aren’t making for an environment of confidence either.

Still, for 2018, the Chinese were net buyers of $2.63 billion in US real estate. However, this is the lowest such number in six years, and China would have actually wound up as a large net seller for the year if it wasn’t for an $11.6 billion purchase of Global Majestic Properties made by a consortium of Chinese buyers a year ago.

It’s not just commercial real estate, either. Chinese buyers have also been selling their US homes, as purchases by the Chinese in the United States tumbled 4% between April 2017 and March 2018 (the latest data available). That fall reflected higher prices in the United States, the strengthening dollar and tensions between the two economies.

These all are, to some degree, aftershocks of slowing growth in China. The country reported a 6.6% growth number for 2018, which was its worst annual expansion since 1990 and below estimates out of Beijing.

Making matters worse is China’s aggressive shadow credit deleveraging campaign. As we discussed back in late 2018, total Chinese Credit Creation has unexpectedly collapsed, resulting in shockwaves of weakness across the domestic and global economy. Amid speculation that Beijing is engineering a “slow landing” through a significant slowdown in credit issuance, investors – hungry for liquidity – are unloading US properties at a rapid clip. 

In global markets, we believe this will likely create a deflationary chill and lead to a further slowdown in 2019.

Regardless, “experts” still expect Chinese money to pour into US real estate in 2019. Arthur Margon, a partner at real-estate consulting firm Rosen Consulting Group, said: “They haven’t managed to stabilize anything, so the timeline is going to be extended.” 

GOP Sen. Shelby: Trump Is ‘Not Talking About a Concrete Wall’ — He’s Talking About Steel Barriers

Sunday on CNN’s “State of the Union,” Sen. Richard Shelby (R-AL) said President Donald Trump was not talking about building a concrete wall on U.S.-Mexico border he is “talking about steel barriers.” Shelby said, “I think it’s what you call it. The president calls it a wall, sometimes we call it a fence, sometimes a barrier, but the president, I think, has already spoken out and said he’s not talking about a concrete wall, 1,500 miles and so forth. I think he’s been talking about steel barriers and slats and stuff like that. But I think we’ve got to listen to the experts. We’ve got to listen to the people who do it every day that know what the challenge is because we do have problems with our borders. We have not secured our borders. The president is right there. It’s a question, how do we get off the politics and to the substance? If we can do that, we’ll get the job done. That’s what I’m working to do to go to yes.” Follow Pam Key on Twitter @pamkeyNEN

Trump Goes Scorched-Earth on Virginia Governor’s Pathetic Excuse for Racist Photos: ‘Unforgivable’

It’s often said that in Watergate, the coverup was worse than the original crime. Similarly, in the case of Virginia Gov. Ralph Northam, the apology may be worse than the original incident — and, weighing in on the controversy, President Donald Trump said that’s “unforgivable.” For those of you who may have been in a…

The post Trump Goes Scorched-Earth on Virginia Governor’s Pathetic Excuse for Racist Photos: ‘Unforgivable’ appeared first on Conservative Tribune.

REPORT: NAACP President offers harsh response to Northam photo

As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by ABCNews.GO.com:

Derrick Johnson, the president of the NAACP, said on Sunday that he doesn’t see how Virginia Gov. Ralph Northam can survive the fallout of a racist yearbook photo that emerged on Friday.

He told ABC News Chief Anchor George Stephanopoulos on “This Week” that the most effective way to “address this is to disclose early, acknowledge it and seek ways in which you can make amends.”

The article goes on to state the following:

The photo, which appeared on Northam’s medical school yearbook page in 1984, shows two people, one in blackface and the other in a Ku Klux Klan robe and hood.

To get more information about this article, please visit ABCNews.GO.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.

The post REPORT: NAACP President offers harsh response to Northam photo appeared first on DML News.

REPORT: Dem lawmaker ‘confident’ bipartisan group will strike deal on border funding

As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by TheHill.com:

Rep. Henry Cuellar (D-Texas) said Sunday that he feels “confident” members of a bipartisan committee negotiating border security funding will be able to reach an agreement, despite President Trump’s skepticism

“I feel if we don’t get outside pressure, the committee can sit down and work this out,” Cuellar, a member of the group of lawmakers tasked with crafting a Homeland Security funding proposal, said on “Fox News Sunday.”

The article goes on to state the following:

“We can work out a deal,” he continued. “I know we can sit down and work it if we just don’t get any outside pressure, do what we need to do, and I feel that the process as appropriators… we can work something out. I feel confident.”

To get more information about this article, please visit TheHill.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.

The post REPORT: Dem lawmaker ‘confident’ bipartisan group will strike deal on border funding appeared first on DML News.

NO STRINGS ATTACHED NEWS THAT MAINSTREAM JUST WON'T COVER.

Follow

Get the latest posts delivered to your mailbox:

%d bloggers like this: